Director of Institutional Advancement
Spherion of Lima, Inc. posting on behalf of: Delphos St. John’s Parish and School
POSITION TITLE : Director of Institutional Advancement
REPORTS TO : The Pastor/Superintendent
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a full-time, 12-month (July 1–June 30) administrative position reporting directly to the Pastor/Superintendent of the Parish and School. The Director of Institutional Advancement is responsible for providing leadership and managing the Parish/School’s fundraising programs, including the annual fund, capital, and major gift campaigns, planned giving, and grant writing. Additionally, the Director of Institutional Advancement is responsible for managing and overseeing the areas of special events, alumnae relations, and communications. The Director of Institutional Advancement works with the school and other organizations/groups to help develop and implement an enrollment/marketing strategy. The Director is a member of the Senior Administrative Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with appropriate staff to develop and implement a strategy for soliciting donations, conducting campaigns, and raising funds for the Parish and School.
· Assist in fundraising for the parish and school through existing events and development of new areas and approaches.
· Conduct donor research and maintain donor database for recording gifts and thank you letters.
· Work to coordinate and develop planned giving campaigns.
· Analyzes data to improve Parish and School operations. Helps develop and implement the Parish and School’s continuous improvement plan. Identifies and develops partnerships that enhance Parish and School services.
ADMISSION AND ENROLLMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinate recruitment activities for the St. John’s school system.
· Assist in creation and implementation of a Strategic Plan for Enrollment Development.
· Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with potential St. John’s students/parents.
ALUMNI RELATIONS AND MARKETING:
· Maintain a comprehensive media database and distribution of press releases to local, regional, and national media.
· Responsible for “branding” of Parish and School image by consolidating Parish and School publications, development, communications, media relations and web page in one coordinated effort that allows St. John’s to address its various audiences with a unified voice; reducing unnecessary communications.
· Coordinate alumni relations and events.
· Create, identify, and oversee affiliated groups as a way of engaging alums and families.
· Assist with the implementation and execution of our annual giving program with a focus on young alumni and non-donors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED OF THE POSITION:
· Practicing Catholic
· Engenders staff enthusiasm and teamwork. Promotes a positive work/learning environment.
· Organizes tasks and manages time effectively.
· Because the nature of the work is project focused involving other groups and various timelines and activities, related skills of good time management, managing deadlines, and good team relationships are required.
· Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. While initiating projects as a self-starter.
· Experience with nonprofits and/or volunteer particularly in the areas of fundraising and donor development is preferred.
· Comprehensive knowledge of software programs necessary to perform duties.
· Proven team player with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality.
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, creative thinking, self-directed, an eagerness and ability to interact with parents, students, faculty and staff, administrators, trustees, alumni, and other friends of the Parish and School.
· Ability to work both independently and as a team member, prioritize work, and meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks and maintaining a positive attitude.
· A willingness to work outside of “normal” business hours is essential as peak periods and special events necessitate some evening and weekend hours and attend St. John’s events.
Interested candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration!